Slow Internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoinTimeSublime

Baseband Member
I just got a new computer. A very good one too and my internet is EXTREMELY slow. It's kind of sad because my old Dell 233MHz Laptop is like 5 times faster then the internet on my new computer. It's been this slow ever since i took it out of the box. So i am just asking if there is any thoughts aobut what could be wrong with it. I dunno if i have some kind of virsu but it drives me crazy. thanks.

Dial up... Also i have aol, the thing is though i am online at around 36000bps Which aol says is the average rate... I dunno is that helps

Dial-up can be a pain in the arse, i'm here to say. AOL is also one of the worst services to go with for dial-up. I am on dial-up and believe me, its not by choice (high-speed isn't available in my area.) Because of where I live, I can only log on at 26400 bps sometimes! That's pitiful. Anyway, a friend of mine once worked for AOL and said that when you get slow connections, to call AOL and ask for a new modem init string. I'm not an expert on modems, and I'm just going on what my friend said, but if he's right, you get the right modem init string, it will speed you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom