xp on vista laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikegun

Beta member
well, i got a gateway mx8734 for graduation and every time i play WoW, my screen flickers every few mins making it really hard to play. ive tried all the solutions that were given to me and i finally decided to just install xp on my laptop. every time i got to install xp though, i am told that the hard drive was not found on the xp setup screen. i looked up the problem and saw that people said that its because the hard drive is sata adn you need to make a special setup disk with the sata drivers.

can anyone help me on that?

not sure, try reformatting the HDD, i run xp on a vista laptop just fine though.

(im running a dell m1210 xps)

and sata is how its connected to your mobo, its most likely formatted in ntfs

strange the xp cd should have the drivers for the sata drive pre installed on the disk is it an old disk???

you could try a program called gparted its a linux boot cd that is exclusively a partition managing program reformat the previous rive using that and then try an install xp

well, i decided to dual boot my system, but im having problems finding the SATA Native Support in my bios. ayone know where it is, cause its not on my bios =/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom