Really hate Vista...

Status
Not open for further replies.
why you buy a vista ultimate machin I hope your going to be smart and actually build it yourself and spend half the amount of cash you would normally :D

Unfortunately I'm not that smart to build a machine. I'm only smart enough to wait til Vista matures before I purchase a custom computer.

Unfortunately I'm not that smart to build a machine. I'm only smart enough to wait til Vista matures before I purchase a custom computer.

its not hard..... its mostly jsut about colors.... and looking how things fit.............

there's nothing unstable about Vista. It's just new and people are stubborn. Yeah, it has some issues, but I have never had this thing lock up on me and reboot or anything. I just can't map my logitech hotkeys... boohoo....

wow I haven't had to set a motherboard jumper in years. Most of them don't have movable jumpers anymore. For me the real problem is getting it all together and not forgetting anything.

true... only one i can think of now that still exist on new boards are the CMOS/Bios one....

no what i'm saying is the only jumpers are the one to reset the bios... if the system doesn't boot

Thanks alot for all the info I love this forum. When I am ready I might try and build a machine.

Here is a question if I went out and bought a mb say the Asus 975 DW Deluxe and I wanted to hook 4 sata 2 hard drives to run off motherboard in a NON RAID setup. What settings in bios would I need to have OS see all the drives correctly.

I had a computer tech in my area try to get my older MSI 865 PE mb he hooked up 3 sata hds off mb and it only saw the boot drive not the other 2
hard drives he resorted to a sata 2 controller and it saw all hard drives for 10 minutes but, disappeared. I assume newer mb's handle this better but, why was this so hard that a computer guy couldn't fix it.

there's nothing unstable about Vista. It's just new and people are stubborn. Yeah, it has some issues, but I have never had this thing lock up on me and reboot or anything. I just can't map my logitech hotkeys... boohoo....
There are many reasons I don't use Vista.
Some of those include:
it has annoying features (UAC, and you can't disable security centre without it complaining)
It is much more bloated
It uses much more hard drive space
It sometimes has issues with compatibility
XP still works, and it works very stably. So does XP x64 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom