nvidia vs. ati

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an owner of an ati 1950 series and a 6800 gt series i can honestly say Nvidia's drivers are inferior to ATI's. I mean their realizability is almost nonexistent, i had about 10 blue screens of death all related to nvidia drivers. It was annoying having to reinstall them every month or so. Not to mention the fact ATI cards give you more for you're money. why spend almost 600 on an 8800 GTX that wont be king for long wen u can spend 400 on a 2900XT that can handle anything for now and maybe even for as long as the 8800 gtx can.
I've had no problems with Nvidia drivers. In fact, I've had quite the opposite; ATI drivers causing bluescreens.

Now, I don't think most of ATI's drivers cause bluescreens, and I know most of Nvidia's drivers don't.
But I do think Nvidia's drivers are better performance-wise.

Besides, you're comparing an X1950 to a 6800?

isn't there an Asus 8800gtx for 580$ that gives u a free copy of Futuremark 3DMark and a couple of games

It is a well known fact that the ATI drivers are very buggy compared to Nvidia. I highly suggest anyone with any ATi card to look up and install "Omega" drivers instead. They are aftermarket drivers but much more stable than the crap ATI give you.

there both pretty much the same, there always goin to have there problems coz thats what happens with computer they have weird things stuffin up all the time

While I do prefer ATI, at this point in time (pending any new releases before I upgrade) I will be using nVidia to prepare my rig for UT3 simply because they currently have the better performance to price ratio.

I'm an Nvidia Fanboy... but I have read recently that ATI is aiming towards the mid range market which gives Nvidia prime access to the enthusiast market alone which is cool imho

I must say that i am a bigger fan of ATi @ the moment. I think that ATi's mid range is much stronger than nVidia's.

ATi FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom