Computer shops???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, I just reinstalled Windows and seems to be working. I used the Laptop to download FireFox onto a USB drive and uploaded it onto the build computer. So far, no slow ups or freezes while using FireFox unlike Internet Explore 7, but I hope that by typing this, it wont jynx me and the whole computer will mess up. But anyway, thanks for everybodys help. All I had to do was reformat the harddrvie, it wasn't really a lost since it was in the closet ever since I builded it. Quick question, I how do I save data so that when I restore everything wont be deleted because when I go back to school this fall for programming, I don't wont to wake up and experience this again.

You can buy an external hd with one touch backup option and/or a copy of Norton Ghost (or similar) backup software.

Well it isn't Internet explore causing the freezes ups, I guess the best thing for me to do is reinstall XP and put vista up somewhere, and if that doesn't work, then its a hardware problem and I have to figure something out after that.

Oh I got it to install but now it is still doing those random freezes up evening while using Firefox, I'm going to go ahead and install XP and if I still have a problem, then it must be a hardware problem. Could be Ram, I have my Ram sticks place in this method. X X O O. I read on some guide that I should place them in this method. X O X O. Since I have dual core is that the right thing to do?

the position of memory has nothing to do with whether you have a single/dual or even quad core processor. the position of the memory will effect whether or not its is run in single or dual channel mode. some times motherboards seem to be picky and prefer two sticks to only be installed in dual channel, some times it's the other way round. the way you have the memory is probably single channel and it would be better that they are in dual channel, just check with your instruction manual. the slots should also be colour coded so just install the memory in two like coloured slots.

My ram sticks that had it in the book said it was either this X X O O or O O X X or X X X X, but this is ok, I went ahead and ordered XP an should be here later on this week, and if XP isn't going to work, then its a hardware problem. But don't worry, I'll keep you guys up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom