Psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
too many watts? hah! That's the best thing in the world, the psu is the most important part, yet, sadly most overlooked. what is your system specs? get the 520W corsair, or the OCZ 600 watt, if your looking that high watted/.

I'm thinking about buying my psu today too, b1. Someone showed me a way to get the rp500, not the 550 for 40 bucks (47 after shipping, for me D: ) and I might buy it from newegg... it has 34 amps on the 12v, so thats more than enough for an x1900xtx, 1 dvd burner, 3 fans, e4300, and 2 sticks of ram.

so i could go with a rosewill 12v 550 watt SLI for $60 and that would be ok?
or the one i already have selected

The one you selected is fine. I'm just saying that you don't need any more than 550w, to run an average gaming computer.

I've read that active PFC is more efficient, and preferred than passive. Also that active PFC is the most effective, as it can have 99% PFC.

PFC is a technique, to balance the loads of electricity, being given out.....and Active PFC controls that amount of power drawn by the load. Passive PFC, tries to correct the amount of power, instead of controlling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom