new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

locki433

In Runtime
I just built a new computer with a Asus 8an32-sli deluxe motherboard. When I plug it up, the green light on the motherboard comes on, but when I press the power button on front of the case nothing happens. I have everything hooked up. Is there a way to make a jumper for the power on to see if it's the motherboard or the case power button?

What is the make and model of your power supply? Try jumping the power supply, to see if the power supply, is the one with the problem. You do this by unplugging your power supply from the computer and wall socket. Turn off the power switch....and then stick one end of the paper clip or wire, into the green pin of the main power connector. I think it's the 14th pin....and then connecting the other end to any black (aka ground) pin. Then flip the power switch on, for 1-3 seconds only....and then flip it off. Then connect the power supply, and see if that works. If it doesn't, report back.

When you press the power button in front. Does fans spin?

Ya, the power supply is good. I have a power supply tester and it comes back good. When i hit the power button on the front, nothing happens, no fans nothing.

Double check or triple check that everything is connected properly and securely.

Or maybe it could be bad RAM. Try booting it with one of the sticks in, and see if that works.

make sure your front panel power button is hooked up right. i do that alot. i hook up the frontal power button just 1 pin off

Ending up being to power supply. I ran my tester on it the first time and everything came back ok. The second time it came back faulty tho. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom