Direct X10 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetahammy

Baseband Member
When is the first wave of Direct x10 games coming out? And when they do come out how viable and immediately is it that we need to upgrade our gpus to dx10?

Also whats a decent gpu to purchase that runs dx10 games besides the 8800 =P i'm planning on buying that for my crazy computer when the quads drop price (gonna build a whole new system) and i was wanting to give the system i have now for my lil brother but still give him the capabilities of playing the new DX10 games but with a gpu budget of like 150-170 dollars. Any advice? Thanks!

Or should i not even really care about Dx10? and just opt for a viable card at that price?

halo 2 is dx10. and if you want dx10 you have to have a dx10 card AND vista. (sucks, right?) check on newegg.com for dx10 cards and get whatever you feel comfortable w/ in terms of your budget. research it though first....

not true... halo 2 isn't dx10, and the first dx10 games will work on dx9 cards....

Just wait, DX10 will be out for XP soon enough...
My source keeps me informed..
2005806473151312350_rs.jpg

I really don't see dx10 coming to XP just because that is one of the only major selling points that Vista has. Why would Microsoft do that especially when they have already mentioned they will be ending support for XP in a few years.

I think it will be possible for it to be cracked though, didn't someone just get shadowrun to work on XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom