power supply???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX600-GLN ATX12V, V2.2/EPS12V, V2.91, 600W RoHS Quad. SLi Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB, CE, CSA, TUV, UL, FCC - Retail
Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 600W ATX12V 600W Power Supply 100-240V / 200-240V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail
Corsair HX Series CMPSU-520HX 520W Power Supply at ZipZoomfly

I would get any one of those if I were you. However the Corsair is the best there.

EDIT: A ripple is a change in voltage on a rail. Higher quality units are expected to have stable 12 volt rails therefore the wattage that the PSU puts out is close to what it is rated. Most high quality units are only about negative 1-3% of 12v at their max load. However the OCZ GameXstream I know are on average negative 4-6% from their 12v rails. Which basically means if your system ever hits close to what the OCZ is SUPPOSED to put on it's 12v rails it may not actually even put out that many watts due to the 12v's becoming weak in power.

This doesn't hurt a system unless it runs very close to the maximum rated wattage on the 12 volts however still on a higher quality unit you except the change in voltage to be minimal so you can be safe. The Corsair PSu's at max load are only on average 1% within the 12v's and actually about +4% around 350w typical us

Okay I was on track. I think of it as voltage fluctuation but the "Ripple" threw me off for a bit.

Guess the question would be is the 520w Corsair going to be enough to power for this system given that it is going to be heavily OC? Wouldn't it be a safe bet to go closer to the 600-700w range to ensure they have enough overhead for upgrading?

My 80$ OCZ psu can BARELY carry my Oced parts, 5 fans, and my 7950 gx2. Don't be too thrifty when youre buying your PSU. They can fry your system.

Okay I was on track. I think of it as voltage fluctuation but the "Ripple" threw me off for a bit.

Guess the question would be is the 520w Corsair going to be enough to power for this system given that it is going to be heavily OC? Wouldn't it be a safe bet to go closer to the 600-700w range to ensure they have enough overhead for upgrading?

Hey well youre budget doesn't give you much h3adroom if you really want to OC you should get one of these. But it does go over youre budget its just a suggestion if you don't want to go over you're budget that is you're choice.

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V / EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail
its's 209 but it wont break the bank like one of the high quality enermax ones.

most likly i will be upgrading. more HD more CD/dvd rom drives but other than that im not goin sli its too over rated. i heard the q6600 is power hungry and the extra overclocking im doin, just wanted a good power supply. i may be considering the Corsair 620HX. i want something that i dont have to go back to the store and return because its too weak or something that i have to sell on ebay because i need more money to get a better one for my set up. basically something thatz goin to last for upgrades and is 2 to 3 years proof

The Corsair 620HX has enough watts to handle SLI 8800GTX's and a C2D so I don't see why it can't handle a single GTX and a quad-core just fine with other things. The amps on the 620HX is tons and thats what video cards and cpu's use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom