Q6600 vs. E6850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
Ok, I'm sure you all know about the new c2d chips coming out July 22nd, so I'll get to the point:

Here's my mobo: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I'll be doing moderate to heavy overclocking and use it for gaming. I'm also interested in future compatability. I was thinking maybe I should go for the e6850 now, and later upgrade to the 45nm quadcore (i forget what its called). But I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

e6850 will be better now because it has the 1333fsb, but the q6600 is more future intensive........ i'd say ur q6600 is better buy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115001. I wasn't crazy about it, but the free Intel t-shirt makes this a no-brainer.

I would go with the Q6600 myself since quad-core is being used more and more everyday. Some applications already max out the quad such as video editing and encoding. The E6850 will be better for gaming for a little while though.

I agree with Sora on the Q6600. Soon, games will be supporting more cores. The e6850 would be good for now. But since they are the same price, why not get the Q6600 and future proof yourself, for the later games supporting more cores.

I agree with Sora on the Q6600. Soon, games will be supporting more cores. The e6850 would be good for now. But since they are the same price, why not get the Q6600 and future proof yourself, for the later games supporting more cores.

thats pretty much what i said :)

looks like im upgrading to a quad core once the price drops...what should i do with this dual core though?

u guys think i have to upgrade my PSU for the quad core? 2x power consumption of the regular dual core...i am thinking of more upgrades down the road whether it be more ram, or a better GPU, but if this PSU is holding me back i might as well get it done now

bump for answers...and is 2x2GB better then 4x1GB's? cuz i dont think g.skill hz's come in 2GB

looks like im upgrading to a quad core once the price drops...what should i do with this dual core though?

u guys think i have to upgrade my PSU for the quad core? 2x power consumption of the regular dual core...i am thinking of more upgrades down the road whether it be more ram, or a better GPU, but if this PSU is holding me back i might as well get it done now

No...your PSU is fine. That should be able to power a quad core and a GTX even. It has plenty of amps.

AP4LIFETN said:
bump for answers...and is 2x2GB better then 4x1GB's? cuz i dont think g.skill hz's come in 2GB

Yea...HZs don't come in 2GB module flavors. I believe it's only the G. Skill MQs and PQs.

I think 2 x 2GB would be better than 4 x 1GB, if you plan on future upgrading for more ram, and doing CAD....and all that editing and design stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom