windows xp startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks peterhuang.
im just waiting for a good deal and then illpurchase the sata 300.
And is it true..that the bigger hard drive you have the slower your pc will process?

Use window washer to clean the machine down, then degrag the drive, then install pagedfrg and then run msconfig and uncheck all the garbage that starts up as soon as your power up.

Everyone has junk like qtime sitting there in the start up list, but rarely use it, same for google updater, and junk like "sound managers".

Even webroot sits there chewing up RAM.

The harddrive is a 200gig PATA... which has NOTHING to do with a slowdown in startup times.

A good defragging, a good cleanup of the system (adware, spyware, virus, startup items), and then bootvis will help. And if your HD is that full, you need to do something about it.

i have about 40 gigs left.
I always clean my drive, adware, or spyware. I have kaspersky anti virus, spybot search and destroy, windows advancecare pro and ccleaner.
My startup only loads up kaspersky.
I maintain my pc lik almost everytime i use it, which is everyday.
I just defragged it. And i do about every 2 weeks to a months.
Im not sure if i should use that washer program...i bet its like any other cleaner like the ones i have.
All they do is clean temporary files and all the other stuff.
On my msconfig all i have is kaspersky and ctfmon, i tried removing it but i think you have to use it and i doubt it barely does anything.

thanks.
I used regcompact.
Thanks.
I did notice some difference too when i cleared up my hard drive quiet abit.

I can't contribute any advise in this thread, but I will say until this thread I had never heard of bootvis and I just used it and tinkered around and got my startup from 153 seconds to 59 seconds. So it actually did do me a lot of good.

I just timed my boot times.
And they average between 48 and 53 seconds. So Im guessing thats pretty decent?...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom