Installing Nvidia Bfg 7900gs gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I'll be getting my new gfx card tomorrow.
Now while i install it in my pc, do i just have to plug it in the pci e slot, or do i have to use one of the psu cables and plug it in the card too?

I had a 7900gt before and all i did was plug it in the slot, attach my monitor cable to it and it worked.

I will be overclocking this new card a bit, so what should I do?

as far as i know, you just have to put it in the pci x16 slot, the i/o, connect the power cables, and monitor and you're good to go. oh and install with the cd of course.

btw whats a bfg?

BFG is the manufacture.
And for the power cables...does the gfx card have a spot where i can plug the cable into?
And do i have to use to cd to install the drivers? or can I just goto the nvidia site?

I'll be getting my new gfx card tomorrow.
Now while i install it in my pc, do i just have to plug it in the pci e slot, or do i have to use one of the psu cables and plug it in the card too?

I had a 7900gt before and all i did was plug it in the slot, attach my monitor cable to it and it worked.

I will be overclocking this new card a bit, so what should I do?
I'm not sure if the 7900 GS needs the extra power, but if it has a power connector, use it.

The card will run without it, but not at its full potential. (I did own a 7900 GT, so I know)
Although with some cards (like my 8800) it won't run at all without it.

not sure if manufacturer makes a difference, but i have a 7900GS KO and there should be a power cable that comes with it to hook up at the end of the card.

and if i were u i would just use the cd, in case

-confidence level 4-

(don't listen to me, i haven't even built my computer yet)

im guessing you might have evga.
But anyways, the one im getting has been oc by the company too.
Well thanks for the advice.

what card are you replacing in your computer?

I would suggest that you download the latest drivers from nvidia.com

the ones on the CD are always old.

then when you get the card. unistall the drivers in the computer and install the latest ones off the download

also make sure that the PSU you have has the proper voltage on the 12v rails that the card specifies. otherwise it wont work right and could cause damage. I only say this cause most pc manufacturers put crappy PSUs in the computers.

I use to have a 7600gt and i bought a decent psu...read my sig.
Im using a pci card now untill i get my new card today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom