Stuck, need help = /

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to raise my ram, it keeps resetting back to 200 fsb, does that mean I have to start over?

How much am I at risk if I raise my volts to 2.1?
Lets just say.. i DO fry it...would there be anyway to physically tell that I did? :) ])

Anyways, thanks a bunch dude. I think I might be able to handle it all from here.
You've taught me pretty much everything from day one = /

I LOVE YOU.

If I don't come back, I either:

1) got hit by a comet
2)computer fried
3)A hitman was hired from a brazilian contractor to goto my house and destroy my computer
4)I forgot
5)I succeeded.

If I do come back, I'll be sure to PM you, if you don't mind. I'll be active in this thread for another 1hr or so.

DUDE. stfu if you dont know how to help. i obviously knew what he meant, so there isnt a need for you to come in with some random rude a$$ comment.
be useful, or be quiet.

i love this guy, we need more like him, sorry for the hypocrisy xD

no problem man. im not really clear about your fsb question...
when you reset your cmos after a failure...you can usually boot it once, re-start and ramp back up to the last stable settings you had before the failure.
as far as the danger of raising voltage....i dunno. i used to raise my xms2 to 2.425 to get super clocks out of them. they still work lol. i think you would be able to raise it to 2.1 at least with no problem. going higher than that would be your own decision, man. ram is cheap now heh heh. as far as physically being able to tell...im sure SOMEONE would be able to tell. but from what i hear, gskill is pretty good at replacing their ram. it says on the box "100% lifetime warranty"...so, i would think that they would replace it. but i wouldn't mention the voltage being over 2.1 if you do have to return it. "uhh...i dunno, it just stopped working" kinda thing, ya know.
good luck keep us posted. i dont mind the pm if you need to, no prob.

alright im back, i left prime 95 over night and my clock is stable
WOO!

but I have a few questions
Whenever I try to go use 3dmark06 all of these artifacts appear, is that my cpu? or is it the obvious gpu?
And...with my ram at DDR400, everything seems slower... am I just crazy?
I mean, before 3dmark gave me twice the score from oc to not oc, but iono...

holy crap, i restarted cmos one last time and tried to get the highest OC with DDR2800. I got to 2.75ghz and my 3dmark gave me a score of 8000! 2000ghz more than my 3.4 ghz DDR2 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom