New gaming rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the standard P35 motherboard. It's just going to be a very popular one, because of it's price and performance, making it a very good bang for your buck motherboard.

Well, that's pretty much the meaning of standard for me!

your builds all seem good except for the one with agp, pci express is basically mainstream nowadays. The pentium D build would be pretty good because that way if you planned on upgrading the cpu later on and if you had a core 2 duo compatible mb you could do it, but if you didn't plan on upgrading you should just get an amd 5400. And for my final though the raptors are really expensive you would be able to get 1tb with what you would if you got a raptor, thats offical. But off the record I would get the raptor because of the higher quality, and the sheer speed.

your builds all seem good except for the one with agp, pci express is basically mainstream nowadays. The pentium D build would be pretty good because that way if you planned on upgrading the cpu later on and if you had a core 2 duo compatible mb you could do it, but if you didn't plan on upgrading you should just get an amd 5400. And for my final though the raptors are really expensive you would be able to get 1tb with what you would if you got a raptor, thats offical. But off the record I would get the raptor because of the higher quality, and the sheer speed.

dude fix ur sig... otherwise u might get a sig infraction from DMO(the admin) did today for me....

but i disagree... if u want a quick upgrade to the core 2 duos... a Pentium Dual-Core (not the same as PD, its like a C2D 2 series... ) is a better choice... not to mention cheaper.... and would pwn the the PD's because its based on the Core Architecture from intel instead of their older Netburst... ew Netburst... what i'm using on this ancient P4

Yes, I've already decided to drop the LOW and VERY LOW configs. With less than their price I could upgrade my current PC and obtain the same (if not more) performance.

I need advice about the PSU, I've been looking around a few hours, and I think I can say freely that a silent PSU isn't going to cost less than 100$ if you understand the risk associated with unknown brands like these ones:
| XILENCE |
Colors-IT 550W Gold Silent PSU PFC 12cm Fan SATA - Custom Built PC Base Units - 0871 230 7170

So should I buy a generic, cheap 500W psu like the ones they sell in my city, or should I invest more and buy a branded PSU like the following?
Enermax Technology Corporation
Welcome To Our Website

I know that usually the more you pay the more you get, but this isn't always true! For example, I just found a XFX 8800 GTS 320MB at 220 euros (shipping and payment commissions excluded), a pretty crazy price in my opinion.

Rule #3, in the Techies' Bible:
"Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply."

This is the most important part of the system. If you cheap out on this, you're running the risk of it failing, and possibly taking your system down with it.

I would suggest something like the Seasonic 550w or Corsair 520HX, in the 500w range, if you have the money. If not, these are a good alternative:
Rosewill RP550 550w
XClio GREATPOWER 550w

I'll see if I can find those PSU around, it's just that I could make a unique order with the CPU, the VGA, and the PSU together if I buy either the nermax or the Tagan. This will traduce in a significant saving in shipping costs.

Look at my previous post ^^^...I just explained it.

Why did you repost, what you just said before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom