power supply???

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzyork

In Runtime
hi, im lookin for a power supply that will fit my gaming needs. i want to be able to run GTX, over clocking my cpu, over clocking my ram, over clocking my graphic card, liquid cooling my system, about 3 to 4 fans, 1 cd/dvd drive, 200 to 300gb hard drive, and a q6600 cpu. my price range im willing to spend is about 80 to 120. thankz all.

lol. figures. HEY! LETS GO OUT AND GET THE BEST STUFF, AND NOT OVERKILL ON PSU!!! you overkill on everything else... but psu. the psu IS THE MOST important part, if your going to even THINK about overkill, that's the first thing. get a 2900xt, and then save up for a corsair 620, or pc power and cooling 750. maybe a silverstone or toughpower...

the 520 is more suited for the current specs with allowance for small pgrade the 620 should only be bought if your planning something fairly major being added to the system I assumed by your proposed specs that you will probably upgrade the graphics card and add an extra couple of hdd's in the futurs

Understand as well though there are many cheap PSU's that are very good as well so you don't ALWAYS buy the most expensive to be safe. Also a lot of times budget PSU's do work even though they are not recommended...it's just if you want a PSU to last for a while get one thats trusted.

Xclio, Rosewill, and Ultra and my 3 favorite "Budget" PSU's that perform excellent and won't eat your budget. However only select models of the Ultra and Rosewill I want to add are recommended.

EDIT: I don't like the OCZ. Way too high of a Ripple on such an expensive unit.

lol, sorry for flipping out, i just want to get it through everyones mind to spend more money on psus...

i know what you mean its kinda not to smart running all those goodies on a 80 dollar psu, because 6 months later people will come back asking. I fried my cpu and i have no idea why? then they tell you what psu they have and you're jaw just drops. Point being a cheap psu can kill you're system would you rather spend 200$ now or 2100 rebuilding you're system later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom