possible to build a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
desktop = 30 min
therefore desktops ARE OBVIOUSLY EASIER TO BUILD THAN laptops
It depends on your level of experience. A dozen or so laptops ago it was a slower and more methodical process for me and obviously for you too. His first couple of them will be a little harder just like everything else. That's all I'm saying.
Thanks for sharing the link, btw. I've never heard of this site before but it looks okay from what I've seen.

saltynay, have you got a link to that I would be very interested to see a project like that.

7" laptop???? I haven't got a link I know I could do it though if you want I can give you a quick guide on how I would personally do it The mother probably wouldn't be very slim though 4" thick I would say

well you buy a mac mini and then use some door hinges to attach a 7" touchscreen car monitor to it, then buy precisely 343 AA batteries and attach them together plug them into the mini's power port and hey presto you have a laptop :D.

I am busy atm chris I will start a real guide in a little while the only part that has me stooped is how you would buy/build a battery to power it the best idea I have thought of so far is to cannabise a psp and use thats internal battery and dock for power

Yhea don't worry dude I am a little snowed under at the moment work gets in the way of tech don't it :).

I have seen you can buy mini psu's at can charge a battery I will look into it, your idea for cannabises a PSP is a good idea but the battery life would be short.

2 hours I would estimate so times that by 2 or 3 as you can probably cram quite a few of those little batteries in and you will have a decent pc on your hands. Maybe an ipod battery would be better mind the second hand high capacity batteries last 6 hours of video playing on the video ipod........ You could just go without a battery which would be alot easier to do but wouldn't really make it a laptop.....

I built one and it took about 15 minutes. If I did it again, it would most likely take 5-10 minutes. Its much easier than a desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom