Mobo of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The P35 chipset is more future proof than 680i, since it will support the upcoming Penryn chips.

No....the Penryn I believe, are coming out near the end of this year. The ones coming out on July 22, are just newer models of the C2D, that uses the 1333MHz FSB.

No....the Penryn I believe, are coming out near the end of this year. The ones coming out on July 22, are just newer models of the C2D, that uses the 1333MHz FSB.

Er well in that case I guess it doesn't really apply to me. I plan to finally build a system after July 22nd now, so in terms of "future proof" I'm more talking about 2 geforce 8800 gtxs like 2 years down the road and I need a board capable of handling that. The 8x less might become a problem possibly for the 650i mobo if they finally use all the graphic card bandwith.

What's the use of getting another 8800GTXs down the road, when there will be one single card, like the 9800GTX, that will just destroy them?

What's the use of getting another 8800GTXs down the road, when there will be one single card, like the 9800GTX, that will just destroy them?

because 2 years down the road a 2nd 8800 GTX will be so much cheaper for a performance increase, then if I go another 9800...well....maybe I dunno :p

Well 2 years down the road, the newer games would crush the 8800GTXs in SLI....and there would be something better than the 9800GTX in that time, considering how fast hardware technology is accelerating.

Well 2 years down the road, the newer games would crush the 8800GTXs in SLI....and there would be something better than the 9800GTX in that time, considering how fast hardware technology is accelerating.

maybe the 10k gtx series, remember are 10k gtx maxi <- good times.... boy thats funny.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom