CD Drive Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekoMan

Beta member
Okay, here's the story:

About a few days ago my driver would just stop reading CD-R and CD-RW discs, before, it would read them just fine, but recently it would just freeze up my computer and ruin pretty much everything.

Then 2 days ago this error screen would pop up about 20 minutes after I'd log into Windows and would tell me some serious error happened and it would I guess dump my physical memory as it said on the screen, count to 100 and then just restart my computer, this would happen around 20 minutes after turning on my computer and logging in.

I decided that this could be a good time to reformat and reinstall Windows. Well I did and my computer didn't have that error anymore, but my burner still didn't work. So I installed this driver : http://members.driverguide.com/driv...driverid=123861

I restarted my computer and now my CD-Drive won't even appear on Windows Explorer and its like its doesn't even exist on my computer. Any suggestions?

Note: All of my blank CDs worked on my Dad's laptop, so it wasn't the CDs that were messing my comp up.

in order to reinstall it with the default drivers, go into your device manager and delete the current drivers for your cd-rom. Reboot your computer and the default drivers will be installed. but if it is possible, try what knuckle50 said first.

try connect your drives on other m/c n check whether the drives got problems or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom