Upgrading HP Pavillion Processor????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

seckerle

Beta member
I have an HP Pavillion 8766c with a Pentium III 933 MHz processor. I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade to a faster processor and if so, how far can I upgrade. I'm a bit of a novice at this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
S

Hey seckerle,
Welcome to T.F.!!

Pentium III processors are so old and outdated, that it's not worth putting any more money, into that system. I would suggest you build a new system, or save up for a new system. How much is your budget anyway, because you can build a whole system for like $300-500.

You most likely can't upgrade it and even if you could the absolute highest you could go would be 1.2 or 1.3 ghz--not worth the trouble of tracking down and buying such a chip. I agree that you're better off getting a a few hundred bucks together and using some stuff from your current system to make a new one.

Thank you very much for the rapid responses. I suspected that buying or building a "new" computer was the way I was likely to have to go. Luckily, I have a friend at work who has built a number of systems and would likely be able to help me out with getting a new system set up.

Again, thank you very much for the help. I had a hard time trying to find the answer on the web, too much other junk kept popping up with my searches.

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom