total NOOB wants to learn how to program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
Hi. I really want to learn a programming langage. I have no past experience of them. I was just wondering: what would be the best to learn as my first? Also, could you recommend an easy project to do with it once I learn the language (ie something that I could design that wouldnt be too hard for me) Also, how would I actually go about learning it? I have looked around on google for tutorials, but they all seem a bit naff, lol.

Thanks.

what would be the best to learn as my first?
Everyone has a different opinion. I would recommend Python because you'll be able to pick it up a bit quicker than a "C-style" language.

Also, could you recommend an easy project to do with it once I learn the language (ie something that I could design that wouldnt be too hard for me) Also, how would I actually go about learning it? I have looked around on google for tutorials, but they all seem a bit naff, lol.
Get an introductory book on programming Python. It will walk you through the all the steps from the ground up and will probably have plenty of projects for you to complete. Check out this book: Amazon.com: Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science: Books: John M. Zelle

do some visual basic look at my look at my chat bot tuorial, its free to use and i think it is c++

To start with C++ would be the best, as it gives you the best possible foundation for further programming. There are many online tutorials, I recommend C++ Language Tutorial . Good luck!
Not even close. C++ is one of the more difficult languages, especially for starting off in the coding world.

For something easy, the web scripting PHP would be ideal...and for an easy project, work on making a forum. It lets you use basic functions and work your way up...:happy:

I would say visual basic as you can make some pretty cool apps pretty quickly.

For something easy, the web scripting PHP would be ideal...and for an easy project, work on making a forum. It lets you use basic functions and work your way up...:happy:

I agree with this, but something you would really need for a forum is a database. This doesn't come free. You could find a friend that maybe owns a site that is generous enough to let you borrow a bit to learn off of and see if this is what you really are interested in. If it seems like something you would be a bit more interested in I would recommend buying some cheap site that offers mysql such. This is what I did and it has helped me greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom