Major Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That still means there is no sound driver isntalled.

Google Driver Cleaner Pro and install that. From there run it and remove all old drivers that you have installed. Then try to reinstall the drivers.

I cleaned it, then reinstalled it.. and it is still saying failure at the end screen of the installation.. wtf. I hate this laptop.

Hey, I'm working on a lady's laptop and she has the Gateway MX6426 and I'm having the same issues. I've tried reinstalling windows, checked in the BIOS to make sure the audio is enabled, tried a different source for the file aside from getting it directly from Gateway and I'm still receiving failure as well. I'd be kinda odd for 2 laptops within warranty for the sound card to go. I'm not saying it's not possible but it is kinda weird. Maybe there's a different driver for MCE. On the website it says XP but there may be a difference. Are you running MCE as well?

MCE = Media Center Edition

Hey, I'm working on a lady's laptop and she has the Gateway MX6426 and I'm having the same issues. I've tried reinstalling windows, checked in the BIOS to make sure the audio is enabled, tried a different source for the file aside from getting it directly from Gateway and I'm still receiving failure as well. I'd be kinda odd for 2 laptops within warranty for the sound card to go. I'm not saying it's not possible but it is kinda weird. Maybe there's a different driver for MCE. On the website it says XP but there may be a difference. Are you running MCE as well?

MCE = Media Center Edition

you install the wrong driver. it's harder to go back and fix it after you do that

you install the wrong driver. it's harder to go back and fix it after you do that

No i tried installing the original driver that gateway has posted on their website but it will not accept the driver. Tried a different source for it (Driverguide.com) and still it did not accept the driver. Usually if it will not accept it then there's a problem with the card or it's the wrong driver. I also used a wizard that tries to find a proper driver for unknown devices and i tried that driver as well. Same thing. I've tried reinstalling windows several times for each driver and still nothing.

No i tried installing the original driver that gateway has posted on their website but it will not accept the driver. Tried a different source for it (Driverguide.com) and still it did not accept the driver. Usually if it will not accept it then there's a problem with the card or it's the wrong driver. I also used a wizard that tries to find a proper driver for unknown devices and i tried that driver as well. Same thing. I've tried reinstalling windows several times for each driver and still nothing.

gateway posted the wrong driver. I remember have that issue with a gateway laptop.

use everest to tell you the real driver name when there is no driver install. if you install the wrong driver, everest will give you that name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom