Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman1391

Baseband Member
I am building a pc for my brother, it will be my second build here are the parts.

intel core 2 duo e6320

apeva x cruiser case

WD caviar se16 250gb 7200 rpm 16 mb sata 3.0

g.skill 2X 1gb ddr 2 800 memory

gigabyte GA-9659-ds3 lga 775 intell p965 atx mobo

rosewill rp500-2 atx 2.01 500w psu

xfx geforce 8600GT 256 mb 128-bit pciex16 video card

does any one have any advice on parts that would be better and cheaper or any parts that wouldnt b good for this build?
Thanks

cpu: good choice (buy an aftermarket cpu fan though the artic freezer pro is cheap)
Ram: good choice
mobo: again good choice aslong as it covers all the bases you want from it i.e. right number of sata ports/usb ports/onboard sound
hdd: Seagate barracuda would be better longer warranty :) or the samsung spinpoints are slightly faster but only has 3 years warranty
gfx: only go with the 8600gt if you want DX10 compatibility which needs vista obviously otherwise get a x1950

you haven't listed an OS are you going to use Windows or Linux?

i was thinking getting the dx10 compatibility so that it would be more future proof because my brother hasn't decided if he wants xp or vista.

well you have to have vista to do dx10 but no dx10 games are currently out or so i believe I am not an avid gamer. new games will run on xp for 5 or so years probably but not under the full potential that dx10 offers

have you taken all the above suggestions^^^^^ if so then you should be set just post updated list so that others can see it in case I have missed any incompatible parts

actually my brother has left for soccer camp and he'll b back on thursday so i have to ask him about some of them

I would have edited my first post but it doesnt seem to want to let me

changed hard drive to

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom