strange video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballer

In Runtime
Well first off I am unsure if this is a hardware problem or just a problem with windows, but I figured id post here and see what I got.

Im running windows xp
The video card is a geforce 7300 gt

I recently bought a new monitor, a 19" Widescreen LCD one. A few times when i have been playing games the screen just freaks out and i get a bunch of different colors and stuff.. I quit out of the game and go back to the desktop and the screen is flashing and there are random horizontal lines going through the screen. The part of the screen with the time moves to the opposite side and i cant see the mouse. My video card is nothing special but it was able to handle the same games on my other monitor, a 17"crt and at decent resolution. The game wasnt running any slower or anything like that. Next time it does it ill check to see how warm the video card is but my computer usually runs pretty cool and it has done it when first starting the games.

It definitely has nothing to do with the monitor itself because I actually returned one because i had a dead pixel and it has done it on both.

It did it again, I pulled the video card out and its normal heat wise, its just a little warm but nothing to be concerned about.

This was supposed to be an edit to my original post but i accidentally put it here.. sry bout that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom