Mobo of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Well since I won't be having this ASUS P5N-E 650i nforce anymore, I was just wondering how it really stacked up against other high performing mobos. Ive seen a lot of people recommending those ds3r mobos cause they overclock well, although I noticed they can't do SLI. After installing the 8800 GTX I realized its literally impossible for me to SLI the 2 8800s in the future simply because they would be way way too close to eachother ( they would literally be touching eachother, which makes me wonder what mobo people do 2 SLIs of the 8800s ) ( I have a full tower NZXT case ). So...since Im shopping again...anyone have any further mobo suggestions?

p5b deluxe/wifi will let you sli them quite easily. but why are you sli'ing???? it only gives you a max 40% performance increase for 100% of the price you should just overclock and get a 20-30% increase for 0% of the price

p5b deluxe/wifi will let you sli them quite easily. but why are you sli'ing???? it only gives you a max 40% performance increase for 100% of the price you should just overclock and get a 20-30% increase for 0% of the price

for the future I mean, by no means do I have the money to get 2 geforce 8800 gtx

I was strongly leaning toward the EVGA 680i mobo since I have a EVGA geforce 8800 gtx and it got really good reviews and can hopefully do SLI in the future

but in the future the 8900's will be out and then the 9x00 series sli is not worth it unless you have money to burn and feel like getting 8800ultra's and sli'ing them for the ultimate performance

but in the future the 8900's will be out and then the 9x00 series sli is not worth it unless you have money to burn and feel like getting 8800ultra's and sli'ing them for the ultimate performance

uh...im talking about my case where I already have a 8800 gtx

The 650i is just as good as the 680i in terms of SLI...it actually on average gets 1-2 better FPS than its big brother 680i. I don't recommend the 680i's at all really.

Gabb, what happened to your P5N-E? It's more of a mid-range motherboard with SLI...and as Sora mentioned, the 650i chipset on average, beats the 680i in SLI performance. If you want the option of SLI, then the MSI P6N Platinum is a good choice. A little more expensive than the P5N-E though.

i really don't recommend 8800gtx's in SLI.....but ur choice...... thats really the best one i know of.. try P6N SLI-FI, or Plat,

Gabb, what happened to your P5N-E? It's more of a mid-range motherboard with SLI...and as Sora mentioned, the 650i chipset on average, beats the 680i in SLI performance. If you want the option of SLI, then the MSI P6N Platinum is a good choice. A little more expensive than the P5N-E though.

I'm returning my previous system, it wasn't really one big problem just a lot of little things that bothered me. I don't plan to do SLI in the next 2 years, but maybe beyond that it will be good. How does the P6N compare to the EVGA 680i? I mean theres a 680 Mobo tahts only 10 dollars more then the P6N. ( im looking for a mobo thats more future proof in that I plan to get maybe a quad core come july 22nd )

Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I dont even know the differance between all these boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom