Vista WON'T recognize SoundMax Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried to use the MICROPHONE?!?

HAve you tried to use the correct applicaiton!!!

I have used Vista to record sound along with use it for voice commands. So dont blame Vista.

I disabled the AC97 codec in BIOS, so there wouldn't be any hardware conflict, and I think I got the wave input going again. Still I wanted to replace the vendor's drivers with: kX Project Audio Driver, and of course no luck installing that either. Anybody even heard of the kX Project Audio Driver by the way ???

Yes i used the kX Project Drivers on my Vista install for replacement to my Creative drivers while they were dragging their feet. They worked great for stereo sound but did nothing for my 5.1 system.

With the kX Project driver you have to rightr click on the executable and choose properties. Under the compatability tab check the box for XP SP2. They should install fine then.

Well Creative just came out with the latest Vista drivers for Audigy SE. Ran the new drivers....and subsequently LOST the 'what you hear' option so I couldn't record anything. So far, NONE of their fixes, updates etc. are able to recognize any audio capture devices. Unfrigginbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom