Internet-crash when saving IE favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kloppstock

Baseband Member
Lately i have got a mysterius Internet problem thath really goes on my poor nerves

as soon as i save a site as favorites, Internet crashes 5 sec after the save klick, this happend almost every time with some fiew exeptions, all started a weeks ago perhaps

I have tried the 2 most common internet fixing tools (Trumpet fix and TCP/IP fix) in my effort to repair this, but it doesnt help

I use software Registry Mechanics often, but have never encounter thath thoose fixes harm the registry, so its hard to suspect it without motives
(i say this just so you know my routines)
have done spyware checks with 4 of my anti-spyware softs, and there is nothing to be find, no complaints about viruses either by AVG

I have Internet Explorer 6 with all latest fixes
(No..i dont want to change to V.7 ore Firefox:rolleyes: )

what could possible cause this?

I hope you both are refering to reinstall the Internet browser only? ore did you mean whole Windows XP?

If internet, then how do i reinstall Intneret Exploerer 6 easy?

a link to something would be preferable, tool?

cause my previous own attemps of reinstalling Internet Explorer ended up noot so well :freak:

Hmm..the only instruction i find here thath seems related to Internet Explorer and not SP,
is to change thoose 2 lines right? im not sure í understand it right thou

so i shall first search for IsInstalled in regedit

then edit thath line, and then change to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

sounds a bit wrong, and when i search for IsInstalled i only find IsInstalled Class deep down in HKey_CLASSES_ROOT, is thath the right one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom