Really hate Vista...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
yeah sure Vista looks nice, but I take a huge performance hit from Aero in terms of ram usage. Anyways worst thing happens, I try to install Alcohol 120 from one of my old CDs, get a blue screen instantly. Restart, still get a blue screen in the desktop after it detects a plug and play device, safe mode doesn't work, resetting bios doesn't work, have to do a full reformat...I guess ill listen to people next time and just go xp and pray they come up with dx10 for it like Ste said...

4gb is the best for vista, 2gb is the standard like running 1gb for XP.

40% of your ram is given to vista in default for precaching programs, you can turn it off which should balance out performance

but they said something like vista 32 bit can only handle 3 gigs max, and the other gig isnt registered or something like that

depends on your graphics card any 32bit operatng system can only address 4gb of ram. You have a gaphics card with onboard ram then that also has to be addressed. You end up with 3.25-3.5gb system ram if you stick in 4gb unless you go with 64bit where the limit 128gb of ram lol

2gb of ram is only need for vista. i have been running vista 32-bit with 2gb hz's aswell. and games are running really good, loading times fast. although it does use more ram 4gb i very over kill and definatley not needed.

i have 1.5gb of pc3200 ddr400 ram lol :( but vista runs fine, i do get the blue screen sometimes, but thats usually when i have old display drivers, or every now and again it may happen, but then restart and everything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom