IE doesn't work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
Its' really that simple. IE doesn't work.

Firefox works. Opera works. I try to open a page in IE and it says:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address."

I haven't the slightest idea what happened. Maybe I did one registry cleaner too many? How can I test to see what problem is?

I'm not sure if I should remove IE. It says many programs are dependent on it. Will it screw up my system?

Don't delete it yet. For the time being use the ie add-on in firefox, and check later and see if it comes back
Link here:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Yes, I already have that. Thanks.

But I still like to have IE properly installed, as there are a few sites/programs that depend on it. I just don't want to screw up entire system or have to reinstall the entire XP. That would be a nightmare.

It's been at least 5 days of computer use and IE hasn't "come back". And, of course, I tried to restore to an earlier save point and the restore function isn't working either.....ugh.....

Help?

OK, figured out the problem, but not the solution....

I reinstalled IE and it worked ok....until I turned by internet security on....then it doesn't

My Kaspersky security suite is blocking IE from working. Although Firefox and Opera work fine.

The problem is..i don't know how to fix this. Anyone with knowledge of Kaspersky can help walk me thru it? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom