Ram not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
my ram just arrived today.
Corsair 2X 512 184 pins ddr dimms. This was suggested in a forum room i posted earlier.

I plugged the 2 dimms in. the computer started up...in started really slow and i checked my ram stats and it didnt increase it.

is their a special way to install them. i plugged them in correctly and it locked in. And no increase was noticed in performance or stats.

Sorry, didn't read your sig. If your old RAM was 400mhz too then there would be no real performance gain speed wise unless you are multi tasking. Try a little OCing and see if you like the results. A common misconsecption about RAM is that if you add more your computer will go faster. I like to make the analogy that just adding RAM is like strength training. You computer will be able to handle more, but adding faster RAM or OCing is like speed training, it will be able to run faster.

i got it to work, it just need to be pushed it harder, real hard.
well i know it wont make things go faster. Since im getting my new card and imm be playing games like oblivion and stalker i wanna make sure i have enough.
and for overclocking, i dont think ill be able to oclock the old ram i had...theeyre samsung brand. If i just oclock the 2 new 512 sticks i got will it work with the new ones and what program should i use to oclock them. And is it possible to olclock on stock itmes...i dont wanna buy any thing else.

Use your BIOS to oc it if you want to. If you're not sure about what your doing you can google some ram ocing guides.

If you put in you new and old sticks together you should download memtest, burn it to a cd, boot from it and run it for a few hours. If you get alot of errors take out the old sticks and run it again. Its not usually wise to mix RAM.

i ran the memtest all night.
It went all the way to 800 percent and no errors at all.

So am i on the good side now..because i dont have enough money to get 2X1gb sticks of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom