A few questions on my new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya... is he still getting that water-cooler....

also doesn't that build up there... look like the build Khan, "false-witnessed"??

lol...it is similar, except that khan supposedly said he had a QX6800, 4GB of dominator, two watercooled 8800GTXs, and the watercooled edition of the striker extreme.

lol...it is similar, except that khan supposedly said he had a QX6800, 4GB of dominator, two watercooled 8800GTXs, and the watercooled edition of the striker extreme.

i stopped believing him when he said he had a qx6800... i was like impossible..... that thing is oem.... hardly of those in the world..... how much would his build have cost?

lol...Why are you so hard set on trying to beat people, at posting first. What matters is that you're giving advice and helping the person. I don't give a........if you beat me. Just help the guy out.

Just trying to have some fun during this long boring day. Honestly I don't care if I get beat out in posting just thought it was funny how you post jut before me nearly the same suggestions. Your absolutely correct about giving advice that is first and foremost but we gotta have some fun every now and again :)

imagine what he would get with the e6600 ??

From what I have read there is not that big of a difference between and OC e6420 and an OC e6600. They both OC to approximately 3.5, so I personally don't see the need to spend the extra $50 when it can be used elsewhere.

From what I have read there is not that big of a difference between and OC e6420 and an OC e6600. They both OC to approximately 3.5, so I personally don't see the need to spend the extra $50 when it can be used elsewhere.

sounds like I can stop worrying about not getting the e6700 then... Just feels wierd when the CPU is cheaper than the mainboard, but I really want those heatpipes and the "bling" factor of the striker though.

what about raptors in RAID? guess that would be an overkill just like getting 4 gb of ram? cus a guy on an other forum recommended increasing the ram to 4 gigs as 2 would bottleneck the system.

sounds like I can stop worrying about not getting the e6700 then... Just feels wierd when the CPU is cheaper than the mainboard, but I really want those heatpipes and the "bling" factor of the striker though.

what about raptors in RAID? guess that would be an overkill just like getting 4 gb of ram? cus a guy on an other forum recommended increasing the ram to 4 gigs as 2 would bottleneck the system.

its not overkill if u want speed or security :)

No worries. I was thinking the same when I was getting ready. If you are not concerned with SLI than get this board for crazy OC on the 6420 and with an aftermarket cooler (tuniq tower, artic freezer pro 7) you will get very good OC on that CPU.

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

No need to get 4gb RAM unless you are doing CAD or Video Encoding and such. 2GB of that GSKILL HZ RAM will do more than enough for gaming.

As for the Raptors in RAID. Complete overkill. Just save alot of money and get the 2 Seagate 250 or 320gb SATA drives and RAID them its about equal to 1 Raptor and gives you 2-3 times or more storage.

No worries. I was thinking the same when I was getting ready. If you are not concerned with SLI than get this board for crazy OC on the 6420 and with an aftermarket cooler (tuniq tower, artic freezer pro 7) you will get very good OC on that CPU.

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

No need to get 4gb RAM unless you are doing CAD or Video Encoding and such. 2GB of that GSKILL HZ RAM will do more than enough for gaming.

As for the Raptors in RAID. Complete overkill. Just save alot of money and get the 2 Seagate 250 or 320gb SATA drives and RAID them its about equal to 1 Raptor and gives you 2-3 times or more storage.

that the answer to all ur questions.....

kk, will have to read up on what RAID is all about.

b1gapl told me to get an EVGA instead, but isn't the 8800gtx pretty much the same regardless of the different brands? just different clock speeds and cooling systems?

EDIT

What about DirectX10 Crysis on 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 with all the goodies on max?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom