Movie to VCR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it has to be any format in particular. Whatever the VCR sees, it will record...I guess.

Alright, thanks heaps for your help everyone. The thing I like about this site is that you get responses so quickly and all the replies I have gotten have been helpful.

EDIT: What format does a video file have to be in to go on a cassette tape?

Most likely, whatever you are seeing on your computer screen is what will be getting send to the VCR, so just make the video on your computer full screen and play it, then record of the VCR. I guess this didn't come up, but the recording is going to be 1x, meaning if the movie is 2 hours long, thats how long it will take to record it to a cassetts tape :(

Simply put...yes..whatever the signal the VCR gets from the TV card, it will record.

hmm.....I was just thinking about. How will you record sound? It's only video data, thats being transfered.

1. To answer your question, my TV card has audio slots.
2. I have just realised, the connector on my TV card is S-video in, not out. I feel like an idiot. But, my friend has a card with svideo out, so there is still hope yet. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom