HELP: cpu idles at 58 degrees celcius!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLmetal.com

Beta member
Yes, my CPU idles at 58 degrees celcius! Here is what I am running...

MB: ABIT AV8-3rd Eye
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (NOT over clocked)
Heatsink: Thermaltake Big Typhoon ( Big Typhoon - CL-P0114)

When I installed this thing it fit really hard. What I mean is when I was trying to screw the thing in, I had to press down extremely hard to get it to fit.

What is causing my CPU to run SOOOOOO hot? I was reading reviews where people were running this exact heatsink and idling at 20 - 30 degrees celcius.

THANKS FOR YOU HELP!

I just reset it and used VERY little thermal paste, same thing. still idling at 58 - 59 degress celcious!!! What is wrong?????????

it could also be a fault in the mobo or cpu itself, however that is very unlikely. like sylwek says, check that the heatsink is firmly touching the cpu, and make sure you have some thermal paste on.

try touching the heatsink to see if it is warm or cool. i had a pentium d 930 at 90C and i could barely touch it for longer than 2 secs and in result i had to get liquid water to cool my hands lol

lol should be liquid H2O if your going to say anything about it being a liquid water is the generic name for liquid H2O, Ice is the name for solid H2O and steam for gaseous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom