yay, new sys, but need old files

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, this sucks but completely rocks at the same time, today my parts came.

DFI Infinity NF ULTRAII-M2
AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ Windsor 2.0ghz AM2
1gb corsair valueselect ddr2-667
7300LE (from hp)
160gb (hopefully from hp)
sata lightscribe dvd
550w psu, 120mm blue fan
SCYTHE NINJA (**** THAT MOFO IS HUGE!!!

well anyways, i have all my crap set up on my hp, the way I like it, and im sick of juggling pc's, so what im hoping is to pull the hdd from the hp, and put it in the new system, and maybe have it update some files and work with the new mobo/cpu.

I think I can do it through a repair install, i dont care about re-validation (i got that already taken care of, lol, i just need it done by friday night, its thursday now, havin a party, and i need it set up, mostly becasue of the optical spdif out so i can hook it up to the surround sound simpler and have it sound better than having to use home made cables.

so can I do it? basically everything is the same, im just upgrading the MOBO, CPU, RAM, and the DVD drive, GPU, and hdd are the same, both are amd's, andboth have 1gb+ of ram. (I run mce2005, so its kinda mandatory for me)

all I really need is a walk-thru, becasue I will probably use this every day for upgrading every other pc in this lazy city. thanks in advance

EDIT:

man that ninja is sharp too, just cut my finger pretty bad :eek:

well that was suprising, i unplugged my sata from my hp and put it in my dfi, and it freaking works...right now im using it! pretty quick, audio sounds great too.

if a mod wants to, i guess this thread could be deleted, unless someone wants to save that link, I was just unsure, because I have lots of stuff on here that took forever to set up, lol.

well that was suprising, i unplugged my sata from my hp and put it in my dfi, and it freaking works...right now im using it! pretty quick, audio sounds great too.

if a mod wants to, i guess this thread could be deleted, unless someone wants to save that link, I was just unsure, because I have lots of stuff on here that took forever to set up, lol.

I would go thru and make sure that you install the updated drivers for all your hardware , just to be safe.

it is probably using old drivers that are in the default install of xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom