Dual 8800GTS (640MB) in SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... I'm pretty good with computers, but I'm not all that good. And I still have an issue with a buggy RAID driver on this mobo anyway.

I have the SLI bridge connector. It came with the mobo. But the mobo won't pass the information across the PCIe bus. It only supports ATI Crossfire technology.

I'm looking for a new board now. I'm currently typing a new post asking for suggestions.

Ok... I'm pretty good with computers, but I'm not all that good. And I still have an issue with a buggy RAID driver on this mobo anyway.

I have the SLI bridge connector. It came with the mobo. But the mobo won't pass the information across the PCIe bus. It only supports ATI Crossfire technology.

I'm looking for a new board now. I'm currently typing a new post asking for suggestions.

why would it come with an sli bridge if it doesnt support sli... if you can find aspire comptech i'm sure he can help you out with hacked drivers, and i think xenium as well.... they both have worked with them if i remember correctly and can probably give you drivers

I'm going with either a ASUS Striker Extreme or P5N32-E to replace that board. Since I've already RMA'd it, I'm going ahead with replacement. The two new boards have x16 for both video card slots, and have another x8 slot for physics processor!

I'll check with my local really good hole-in-the-wall computer store to see if they have either one. Otherwise, I'll have to wait a few days for the new mobo to arrive.

you can get the drivers you need on nVIDIA Geforce 8800 8600 7950 7900 7600 GT GTX ATi Radeon HD 2900 XT x1950 x1900 2400 2600 XT Pro - Guru of 3D: PC Hardware Reviews
that board is officially NOT an sli board, so it doesnt support it, but it will work. freakin retarded that it comes with a bridge.
this is what you need to do:
download hacked drivers from website above.
uninstall all of your display drivers.
put BOTH cards in.
fire up your rig.
windows will recognize cards, install your new hacked drivers.
presto-chango, SLI.
EDIT: just read you rma'd it. never mind then. you give up too easy lol.

Yes, but now I'm running an ASUS Striker Extreme! And it installed my RAID super easy. The other board was kicking my butt and it was getting really frustrating.

The Striker Extreme has a few better things going for it over the other board:
1. Dual 16x PCIe slots, not (1) 16x, (1) 8x
2. Additional 8x slot for a later physics processor!
3. Supports up to 6 SATA drives in RAID, not 4
4. Can flash BIOS from a USB thumb drive, from the CMOS (was having major issues trying to flash the other board)

This one just works right. I'm keeping it. So far I'm pretty impressed with this system. I've never seen 2560x1600 graphics before. Makes you wonder why everybody is dying to get their hands on a PS3....

freakin wicked. upload a screenshot so maybe that high resolution will rub off on my 20".
by the way, i think your graphics cards already have physics accelerators in them. i'm not the graphic card monster here....first two off the top of my head are sora and maroon1. they will know for certain.

this has nothing to do with the topic but i just realized they sent me the wrong video card...i bought the regular 500/1600 version but it seems i got the superclocked version at 576/1700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom