Please read, finally got a benchmark out ( Status on my overheating gtx )

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alright....next time, just try to keep all your 3DMark, 8800GTX, and benchmark related questions on one thread, instead of making several.

i don't think running your fan full blast will kill the card, it will only keep it cooler, but it will shorten the life of you fan, maybe a 3rd party heatsink/fan solution? the over heating could be due to alot of things, and cards near it or is the back rubbing your hard drive? how is the air flow in the case, not just the number of fans but do you have it set to suck it in at one end and blow out at another? if not the fans could conflict and hurt each others performance.

i don't think running your fan full blast will kill the card, it will only keep it cooler, but it will shorten the life of you fan, maybe a 3rd party heatsink/fan solution? the over heating could be due to alot of things, and cards near it or is the back rubbing your hard drive? how is the air flow in the case, not just the number of fans but do you have it set to suck it in at one end and blow out at another? if not the fans could conflict and hurt each others performance.

( have the Asus P5N-E 650i nforce mobo btw )
Hmm well the card is about 2 inches away from a PCI card which shows the vigor monsoon lites status, and a X-Fi card a little farther away. The Raptor X HD is far away from it and split off by a bay, however there were wires I had to cram real tight underneath the cards front edge, theres some wires near proximity to the side of the cards fan itself, but I don't think its in any danger really. The Card was so friggin big it was a real pain to install like many others have mentioned before. I have 7 fans and couldnt install the top one due to my lengthy PSU ( aspire 680w beast power ), I think the fans are all set on intake.

Now I pretty much get idle temps of 65 ( sometimes lower when I just start up ) I guess this is acceptable till the card dies and I RMA it. Without Rivatuner the card would idle at 75 and crash shortly during running benchmark 2006...I'd say an improvement.

As to your scores.. your doubling my current effort :) ahh u didnt run ALL the tests ( feature and batch size ) turn em all on, it will affect ur score :)

Im glad ur up an runnin, have fun :)

Actually those tests don't effect scores at all, at least they didn't when I am ran them. I got the Same score, that I recieved when I ran the test without the Feature and and batch..

Although they do look nice....

hey man, you got problems.
i get close (relatively) to that score with my sli 7900gs and my 3600 oc'd to like 2.8
you should be hitting over 10K no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom