Upgraing Power Supply Unit (read chooinsg PUS guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
Well, since getting my new copmuter, I have decided to upgrade my Power supply unit, in order to get 8800GTS working with my computer. I have a 400W PSU, and I'm looking at going with either of these two Power Supplys

Antec

SeaSonic

Im trying to deicded which would be best for running the 880GTS.

I realize that sometimes watts, doesnt mean squat, if you get it from a crappy company. But If I want to run the 8800GTS in SLI, which would be the better choice? If I wanted to run it in single config, what would be the better choice?

Yea...it should have enough amps to support 8800GTS in SLI. It has about 70+ amps, which is more than enough.

Yea...it should have enough amps to support 8800GTS in SLI. It has about 70+ amps, which is more than enough.

I went to this website
and it said with the current settings I have, plus two 880GTS running in SLI, that power cunsunmption would be 486. Does this give enough "wiggle" room with buying the 550 PSU? Also does buying the Energy plus version help out?

It's not really about the wattage. It's more about the amps that the +12v rails can provide. As I said before 70+amps on the Seasonic's +12v rails, is plenty enough.

It's not really about the wattage. It's more about the amps that the +12v rails can provide. As I said before 70+amps on the Seasonic's +12v rails, is plenty enough.

Ok, theirs this guy on this other forums, that watts dont always mean everything. But thank you for helping me out, hope to become part of the community here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom