CPU uprade done :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc6pack

Baseband Member
I got my 4400+ and am running it with the stock 3500+ fan and guess what.. you were bang on the money guys, core temp is EXACTLY the same and my 480watt PSU is still flawless.. the only difference is my 3Dmark06 score.. its gone from 4900 with my 3500+ to ..... 5950 WOOHOO haaaleluiya THANKS FOR THE HELP I LOVE YOU ALL, I LOVE THE WORLD, MAN IM SO FULL OF LOVE RIGHT NOW yayayahehehehehehahahahaha :D:D:D

I could however do with clarification on something.. the adapter that comes with the BFG7900GTX (its Y shaped 2 normal flat 4 pins connectors into 1 square 6 pin).. are you supposed to plug into both 4 pin or just 1 for a single card.. i have just 1 in ATM. It doesnt actually say in the documentation lol.

Thanks again :D

I think it's recommended that you connect both 4-pin molexes into that Y adapter. Better safe than sorry...and isn't it a rectangular 6-pin power connector?

yes B1gapl it is a rectagular 6 pin :) and ur right, ive just done some intensive browsing and found 3 tec reviews that said the same.

The reason i didnt plug the 2nd in is that my MSI 7800GTX blew up on me (i thought it was cause id plugged em both in , obviously I said nothing to the retailer just incase lol)

Right, thankyou yet again.. reboot.. benchmark.. ill let you know how i get on :D

benchmarked at 5960 lol an increase of 10, so it dont make a difference. GPU core is still at 46C aswell.. hmmm wonder why u need to connect both with single GPU..

Jobs fkd :( logged into LOTRO.. after 3 mins, clip, chop,chaffe... switched to desktop.. ran speedfan.. hmm 47C... met the fellowship.. chippy clip choppedy chop..switched to desktop.. fire warnings beside my CPU an System :((( guess i need a new fan after all.. thinkin about it, even with my 3500+ my temp was 40c which is = to my sys temp, that aint good is it.. surely my CPU temp should be lower to avoid a knock on heat effect i.e my processor heats up, which causes the system to heat up which in turn increases the processor temp and so on.... ? Ive read around the net a bit and most systems are runnin cooler than mine are running at around 25-30c as an average with the processor 3-10c lower than the system.... gutted :sad:

Do u agree ?

I especially dont understand why this didnt happen with 3dmark06, the processor tests were comin back at 1500 as oppose to 500 with 3500+ ???

Your temperatures are perfectly fine. Right now my temps on load are 52C. My other comp, which has a 3700+, is 45-50C on load too.

are u sure.. before i logged out, my temps were upto 51 ACPI and 53 CPU.. they would have gotten hotter i was only on the game 5 mins.. my GPU was at 47... it was clippin REALLY bad. its usually smooth apart from the occasional few dropped frames when entering heavy combat or cities and i put half of that down to connection.

Strange that 3dmark06 was fine though... is there anythin i can use to get a HUD of my temps while benchmarkin ?

Is there a possibility its my PSU gettin unstable cause of the power outage ?.. think ill look into that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom