SoundMAX annoying issue! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

i.God

Beta member
My motherboard is ASUS M2NPV-VM and the onboard sound driver is SoundMAX (version: 5.10.1.6110 1/16/2007) The problem is that the sound skips whenever a FMV or a cinematic is playing in a computer game. So the video will play fine, but the audio will skip and be out of sync.

This only happens when there are FMVs or cinematics in a computer game. Some examples would be Emperor: Battle For Dune, Splinter Cell, Medieval II: Total war.

My specs:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ (2.3 GHz)
1 Gig Ram
3D Fuzion Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT

I tried updating and rerolling the SoundMax drivers, but it still happens! Is it possible to change my onboard sound? Please offer any solutions to try to fix this problem.

i have the same board and i never had a problem yet with it but a dead CMOS battery they gave me.
go to the SoundMax properties>Preferences>General>
- make sure all boxes are checked marked on :payback Device and Recording Device, and For audioASP > Detect New Devices On Start-up>then press OK

Do you a codec installed on you computer? if not id suggest K-Lite Codec

Edit: our motherboards are S*** ;) i just noticed ur 3200+ is overclocked to 2.3GHZ , well same here i can only get 2.33GHZ because there is no volt adjustment on this board :/

o ya for got to mention

Go to Control Panel> Sounds and Audio Devices>Volume> Speaker setting (Advance)> Performance
- pull down the bars half way and see if that helps

o ya for got to mention

Go to Control Panel> Sounds and Audio Devices>Volume> Speaker setting (Advance)> Performance
- pull down the bars half way and see if that helps

Tried everything setting with the performance bars and still no result. I don't have the K-Lite codec, but I do have the AC3 Filter 0.70b.

AC3 Filters are mainly used for movies or video clips used in AVI, Jpeg, etc
the codec i mention has a bunch of filters, decoders, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom