Here's my money...what would you do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengance

In Runtime
I currently have this setup:

Abit NF7-S2 Socket A Motherboard
Windows Vista Ultimate
AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.72 Ghz)
1.5GB DDR RAM
250 GB WD SATA 3.0 Gb/s (running at 1.5 Gb/s)
ATI Radeon X1600 AGP 512 MB DDR2 RAM
Lite-On DVD +/- RW with Lightscribe
500W Ultra PSU
Tower ATX Case with fans

What should I do with $200-300?

I would like to upgrade the CPU for multimedia editing and some game play. But the problem is I'd have to upgrade RAM, CPU and motherboard to do so...and probably move to PCI-E for a graphics card. Should I ebay/Craigslist my computer parts out or just hang on to this? Your thoughts appreciated.

yeah pretty much a new system since its going to be really hard to find a new processor almost impossible.

I'm echoing the sentiments of the others here. $200-300 isn't going to get the new motherboard/CPU/RAM upgrade I'd want. That said, if you really, really want to upgrade, try:with a bundle price of $210.00 (also has an additional $40.00 rebate) and the motherboard:at $46.99, which is one of the few AGP AM2 motherboards out there. I'd treat that motherboard as a stop-gap measure and expendable. Total with shipping is $263.12. That gets you into the entry Athlon dual core line. Your right that the old memory isn't compatible. Your graphics card is dated, too, but that can wait. If you do decide to upgrade, I'd toss the motherboard in favor of a PCI-e graphics slot and a PCI-e graphics card to match. I'd ebay the old motherboard/CPU/memory and bid it goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom