cardboard washers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttoadish

Baseband Member
I've just got all the part to build my first pc.

The mother board i have is this

Gigabyte GA_965P_S3 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

And my case is

JEANTECH Phoong II, MIDI ATX Case, Front LED gauge, 120mm x 1, 140mm x1, NO PSU : jea-phoo2

My dilema is do i or do i not use the cardboard washers inbetween the brass spacers and the motherboard and ofc inbetween the screw head and the mobo. My motherboard did not come with any washers but my case had some with it. I am very confused about these washers. Some say not to use them as you need to earth the motherboard to the case while others say that that the PSU earths the motherboard and that you should use them to insulate the motherboard from the case.

Very confused thanks in advance

I have never used cardboard washers in any on my many builds with no problems. I would only use them if you cannot get the screws tight and need a shim. The board will have a built in metal washer so the screw will not actually touch the mb.

Quick update- Pc is up and running fine (fingers crossed) . Posted first time which was lucky seeing it was my first build.

I didn't use the washers in the end, as i still don't trust them or know what they are intended for. I just screwed in through metalised holes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom