possibel to put to much arctic silver 5 on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:\ I dunno what to tell you besides maybe it just runs hot. Mine runs near 50 on full load and it has a thermaltake 11 xaser. It also depends on air flow in computer, vid card, room temp (being in tx doesnt help for me lol) So just take all that into consideration ;)

Good case circulation is key. What good is blowing hot air onto your already hot CPU? Also if you have a video card like mine or a lot of HDD's or opticals that also hinders airflow and creates heat(especially the video card)

air circulation, i have all round cables for ide and floppy, other devices, 1 ide hard drive, 2 CDRW's and a ati radeon 9800pro 256, which has a fan of its own, the cooling i have .. consists of .. a 80mm case fan, the Tt spark 7+, psu fan and AGP fan, and now runs at around 54 doing stuff like web browsing and around 61 on full load playing counter strike (i turn it all the way up for that). but when im on idle, i can turn it down a little and keep it at around 54-55 without the noise .. guess i'll have to live with the heat for now, the ambient is not too bad, so i guess its just cuz i have those optical drives and vid. card .. i'm cosidering removing my side panel entirely and just leaving it open, maybe putting a thin mesh over it instead of the entire closed window piece =\

hahaha u need a lot more case fans than that. i have a 2-fan 5.25inch slot blower, 2 80 mm side fans, 2 ps fans, and one fan in the back. thats your problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom