DS3R vs. P6N Plat

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the difference btw SATA and eSATA (external?) also, is eSATA alot faster than a usb 2.0 for an external HDD? One more thing, if the mobo doesnt have a SATA or eSATA port on the outside, is there any card you could get that has one?

also, how do you feel about the following in terms of overclocking, non-SLI use, future compatability and general quality:

Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

whats the difference btw SATA and eSATA (external?) also, is eSATA alot faster than a usb 2.0 for an external HDD? One more thing, if the mobo doesnt have a SATA or eSATA port on the outside, is there any card you could get that has one?

also, how do you feel about the following in terms of overclocking, non-SLI use, future compatability and general quality:

Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

The difference between SATA and eSATA is that, eSATA is external. Simple as that. I'm not sure about a lot faster than USB 2.0, but it is faster than USB 2.0 speeds. There are PCI cards with eSATA ports, like this:
Newegg.com - BYTECC PCIe SATA II 300 + PATA Raid Card Model BT-PESAPA - Retail

For the motherboard, I would suggest this:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

k, thanks guys, the ds3r it is. you think the esata card is worth the $40 or should i save the money and use usb 2.0 for my externals?

k, thanks guys, the ds3r it is. you think the esata card is worth the $40 or should i save the money and use usb 2.0 for my externals?

I don't think it's worth the extra $40. It's not that much faster than USB 2.0...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom