-LiquiD-

Solid State Member
Alrighty,

Blue Case...
Blue Keyboard...
Blue Mouse...

....and a
Gray Ass Monitor

Needless to say, this is throwing my mojo and fungshui out the window. So rather then dropping needless amounts of money on a new fancy blue monitor, I figure I can spray-bomb (err spray-paint) the perfectly fine old one.

But does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this :confused: I don't wanna nuked the monitor by getting paint in the top vents or get the buttons stuck up..

Any suggestions would be great!

Id be most worried about the buttons in front. Maybe put a piece of tape over them.Make it look like a panel and tape off the tube.
Start spraying away, on the rear vents just dont spray real heavy and close to it.It shouldnt cause any problems.After its dried.Or make it 2 tone hehe .

If its gonna be that much trouble, you might just wanna sell the one you have and use that money to get a blue one.

A friend of mine did this and it looked sweet as hell.

All you have to do is take the monitor cover off and then spray paint it lol.

When you take the cover off watch out for the power cord because like someone mentioned they can still carry enough current to hurt/kill someone, even when unplugged.

As for the buttons, do what Cappy sais, tape them off and just leave them grey, two-tone looks good too.

Another thing, let the paint dry as long as you can (overnight is good, the longer the better.)

Sweet! Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm gonna try to bust out this project this weekend, and if all goes as planned then I'll try and post come pics!!

Cheers!

I've always wondered...

Yes, I know you can get shocked (etc) even if the PS or Monitor, in this "case" (no pun intended, schitty pun at that...) but what if you were to unplug it and let it sit in the corner (still unplugged) for a few days? Would everything discharge in that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom