Upgrade XP Media Center to Home Premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronxblaza117

In Runtime
i currently have XP Media Center on my Labtop. was just wondering if i buy the upgrade to Vista Home Premium will i be able to keep my files? I did download the program Windows provides and run it to check programs and devices but imjust asking about the physical files like photos and music. Will those still be on my Hard Drive? Also do the upgrades actually work? or are you just left with a whole bunch of problems afterwards?

yes if u get the upgrade version you will be able to keep them...what are your laptops specs. My advice DONT DO IT. vista drivers are unstable trust me i know.

yes if u get the upgrade version you will be able to keep them...what are your laptops specs. My advice DONT DO IT. vista drivers are unstable trust me i know.

That is funny. Cause i have installed Vista on several machines with minimal driver problems. The correct answer is to do your research first to make sure you can find drivers.

Do NOT upgrade without knowing if your system will be compatable first.

well i downloaded the Microsoft tool to check if your system is ok to upgrade. everything about the drivers and hardware came back ok. some programs however needed to be updated but that was about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom