Buying new desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
My aunt has an old...really old eMachines, its about 5 years old now and its pretty much dead.

She said she doesnt need a new monitor, just the cpu. The max she is willing to spend it 300-400. I dont mind building one...but which ever is cheaper. And If i can get a decent lcd monitor from somewhere else for lik 100 bucks more

Id rather get her a C2D, but Amd X2's should be good enough for me...and 1gb ram should be plenty.

She needs it within a week.

thanks

Build it!

So all you need is the cpu, memory and lcd? R u going to use the same case and hd? 3weeks ago I built a pc for a friend and he also had an old celeron emachine.

He reused his hd, dvd-r drives and case. He went w/an amd 3600+brisbane and an open box asus mb and 1g of memory. In all, he spent less than $200 and pc is running 100x better than the celeron emachine.

Good luck

well this is a celeron , but the hd is too small. It doesnt even have a dvd burner. It has one cd burner and one dvd driver. Its really small...i cant rememeber the model number..its a celeron with 128 ram and about 40gb hard drive.

OMG! Lol I never thought I'd see Trotter linking to Dell's site and encouraging some to buy from it. I need to put down the Smirnoff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom