New build help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The higher FSB does not help really that much. I would go with a Q6600 honestly since quad-core will be helping more and more pretty soon but the E6750 will be a good choice as well.

I agree with just about everything but have 2 slight differences. If you want to save a little bit of money to spend elsewhere go with this PSU:

$65.99
Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX 12V V2.01 Power Supply 115/230 V CSA,UL,TUV - Retail

As for the CPU. What will this be used for? If you are going to be using it for gaming than you might want to consider the following CPU as it overclocks like mad and I have been reading that many (if not most) games currently do not utilize the Quad Core ability (that will likely change in the future) so spending $270 for the Q6600 might not be entirely worth it at this time and you could go with this CPU:

$186.00
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Just giving some additional options. I was set on the Q6600 and than the E6600 and have now realized that for my needs the E6420 will exceed what I need for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom