Specefications for Core2Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokarr

Baseband Member
I've been looking to buy a new laptop with around 2.16ghz core2duo. I stumbled across this chart and I was wondering what the "Front Side Bus" and "Cache" column do to the proccessor type. For example would an E6300 module be faster running than T7400 module? Whats the differnce betwen 2MB Cache and 4MB?

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor Numbers

The FSB is the speed between the processor and the Northbridge. The Cache or more commonly known as the L2 Cache is the amount of space a processor has to use as quick storage. It is like ram but faster.

Thanks, I found a video on that same page explaning some of that stuff.

One thing that bothers me is WHY this laptop is so cheap :X

Xplorer X5-C80 Notebook

It is nearly 500$ cheaper than the next X5-C90S module, but is only lacking 1gig memory and 20gb harddrive... and adding those to your customization is only ~ 100$

most likely the T7400 and an E63300 would perform very similar without each beater each other in certain aplications. The cache is just memory but more of it helps on certain things as does the higher FSB help on different things.

thats a really good deal though. since when did they start putting desktop c2d's in laptops?

on the other hand it says its an asus which is a pretty good laptop brand.

Kind of offtopic, but are most laptop harddrives 5400rpm? Of course I would prefer 7200rpm if it performed faster, but I also worry about it overheating due to being a laptop...

u can put core 2 duo e series in laptops now?

wow...

i knew about "mobile on the desktop" but this is new....

The FSB is the speed between the processor and the Northbridge. The Cache or more commonly known as the L2 Cache is the amount of space a processor has to use as quick storage. It is like ram but faster.

Don't forget that Front side bus is also how fast data gets sent into the CPU and back side bus is how fast data is sent out of the CPU to the varied bridges and other components of the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom