turion or celeron... which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to find the benchmarks I've seen of Turions out performing core duos.

If you find one, please post the website that you found the benchmark from.

However, I doubt that you will find any benchmark that support your argument because I have done a lot of research

Here is another benchmark from xtreview.com

amd turion 64 x2 review : socket s1 and ddr2 benchmark overlclock

000000039002.png

farcry.png

Note: T2500 has clock speed of 2.0GHz, and T2400 has clock speed of 1.83GHz

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 has clock speed of 2.0GHz

Both T2500 and T2400 performed better than TL-60 in the majority of the tests

Until now I have showed you two reviews from two different websites, and both website are saying that Core Duo is better than AMD Turion 64 X2

^^please.^^

doubt that i'll find any benchmarks, huh? here ya go buddy. these show the L56 1.6ghz turion x2 outperforming the T2500 2ghz core duo. it all depends on where you look. These came from xtreview.com, which i consider as trustworthy as tom's hardware...and obviously so do you as your post above is from there.

pcmark-memory.png

integer.png

fpu.png

floating.png

your idea that better performance on certain benchmarks equals absolute domination is absurd. it depends on what you do, and what is important to you. same argument as x2 vs c2d, man. shall we continue, or shall we call this one a draw? i know we like to argue, you and i lol...

i say its a draw.... is core duo dual core or is it like core 2 solo with the architecture which confuses me.....

Both the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo are dual core chips. It's the Core Solo, that's single core.

But the Core Archetecure in the new Celeron Processors are definitely worth looking at... makes em' out perform all the old P4's, maybe even the 65nm Cedar Mills

doubt that i'll find any benchmarks, huh? here ya go buddy. these show the L56 1.6ghz turion x2 outperforming the T2500 2ghz core duo. it all depends on where you look. These came from xtreview.com, which i consider as trustworthy as tom's hardware...and obviously so do you as your post above is from there.

First: TL56 has clock speed of 1.8GHz, not 1.6GHz
List of AMD Turion microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second: I posted a benchmark from both Tom's Hardware and xtreview.com, did you look at the websites that I posted above ?

Third: You posted only the benchmark where AMD won, thats because you are biased.

Forth: Are you kidding me ? You only posted benchmark for "pomar k2005" and those that are not important, and not used by the majority of consumers !! And why you don't look at benchmark in my above post. Core Duo performed better that AMD in gaming in all charts. Core Duo performed better in compression, zipping etc. And for your information the link that I posted in my previous post is from xtreview.com

Yes, I owned him.

Core Duo perform better in gaming, compression, video editing, office......

AMD Turion64 X2 perform better in "pomar k2005", "Sandra floating" etc, but who will use them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom