Buying a laptop-HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElizabethEbes

Beta member
Hi all, I am newbie to tech forums and would love some advice!

I used to be a mac user and had a desktop and an i book. In the last 5 years Ive made the switch.

Now looking to buy a pc laptop... but have no idea what I need/what is avaliable. I have heard suggestions for Dell and Sony so far.

It will be used as my primary computer, however I am upgrading my desktop as well right now. Therefore, I would like to try and stay under $1500.. is this possible?

What about dealcatcher.com or ebay?

Any recommendations?

THANK YOU!

Very recently, HP has had some very good low to mid-range laptops, even compared to Dell and other companies. Try www.hp.com or www.newegg.com (they sometimes also have discounted HP laptops).
A $900 HP laptop costs atleast $1200 for a comparable Dell (no joke! Check it out!)

i wouldnt buy a used laptop on my life. In my personal opinion i wouldnt buy hp, or compaq, for they have beeen found the worst computer making companys in my experiance. What laptop you buy all depends on what you are using that laptop for. If this is a laptop in which you will be making presentation and carrying around, your gonna want to stick to a lightweight computer(i.e. dell Inspiron 1150, however if your looking for a multimedia computer in which you will be gaming, editing music, listening to music, you will want to buy a more enhanced computer(i.e. Inspiron 5150) it all depends on what you want, i recomend choosing a dell, or rather building and buying one on there website. visit dell laptops

ElizabethEbes said:
I used to be a mac user and had a desktop and an i book. In the last 5 years Ive made the switch.
awwww..... why'd you switch from a system as good as Mac???

If I had to buy any laptop (PC based) prebuilt I'd go Dell
they're gonna bring out Powerbook G5's soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom