clock icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
i dunno the proper name for these icon lol but u know the ones i mean next to the clock in the bottom rite corner showin ur runnin progs. my list is startin to get abit long and i dont like it. atm ive got my bluetooth norton auto protect and 3 network connections (dsl, lan, bluetooth) does any1 know how to turn these off, ive disabled the norton auto protect but the icon stays there with a red cross over the top, the bluetooth one does nothin just sits there and i would like rid of the network icons aswel cos i know what im connected to? does any1 know how to get of these? thanks

go to "run" and type "msconfig" and hit 'enter.'
This will bring up your system configuration. There should be a tab on the right labeled "startup." From there, you can pick and choose what programs will startup in that system tray. (the place with all the icons by the clock) :p
The list may look intimidating at first, but the best thing to do is uncheck the things you KNOW you don't want. For example, you might see something like realplayer.exe. You can uncheck that. Anything else you're unsure of, leave it there. But I'm sure an uber-techie will be along soon to tell you all the exact file names you can disable.
Edit: You might want to enable the Norton Autoprotect, though just to be safe.

ok did that got rid off all icons except the networking ones :( also i got the new beta sp2 for XP and its got a icon like a red sheild wit a x in the middle i would like rid of that aswel but i cant find the option :S thanks for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom